As husbands or partners of breastfeeding mothers we must support the choices they make. Breastfeeding is unparalleled as the healthiest choice for the nutrition of you baby, and if your child and wife both desire to extend BF past a year, well then become educated and defend their choices, and inform those who will try to demean or attack them. It is sad but in the American culture we exist in now things like breastfeeding are seen as vulgar and unnecessary, so if they nurse openly or in private know your rights and stand up for them. No one will tell my wife she cannot provide for my son and I will, and have, inform those ignorant fucks how wrong they really are. Below are links on extended and open feeding.
Had someone ask how I feel about my wife’s “tit hanging out” well here you go.
"When I was about 20 years old, I met an old pastor’s wife who told me that when she was young and had her first child, she didn’t believe in striking children, although spanking kids with a switch pulled from a tree was standard punishment at the time. But one day, when her son was four or five,…
If you are an adult on the receiving end of sexual attention from a minor, the only appropriate response is a firm, non-negotiable “no.” Not an “I would, but the darn law…” not, “maybe when you’re eighteen,” a “no.” It is your job as the adult to be responsible, and to not abuse the power differential between you. What the minor wants is irrelevant to your obligations. The only appropriate response is “no.”
This is a follow up from this post
Smacking your child teaches them that violence is okay, that when someone doesn’t do what they want them to do, hitting them is acceptable behaviour.
These alternatives to smacking are aimed at offering alternatives to smacking in different situations. The…
Lost two followers for that post.
God I hate my friends sometimes.
the catholic church gives wine to 7 year olds but gay marriage is wrongI mean this is totally out of context but is technically true. It is believed to be the blood of god and they are only given 1 tiny sip once a week but otherwise this is totally correct.
the catholic church encourages 7 year olds to drink blood every week but gay marriage is wrong
stupidhuman-shitforbrains said: Can you explain more about why you're against spanking? I agree, I'd just like to hear what you have to say.
- it is hurting someone
- your child, specifically, who should not be hurt by you of all people
- it doesnt work in the long term
- it develops trust issues
- it is reliant on fear, and teaches them to be afraid instead of actually learning what they did and how to self-discipline (i.e., “mommy spanked me when i tried crossing the road by myself, so i shouldn’t do it in front of her so i don’t get spanked” instead of “mommy told me i could get hurt if i cross the road by myself, so i won’t do it”)
- it asserts the ideology of stronger = right, and that because someone hurts you they are correct
- it shows that violence solves issues, which causes your child not only to normalize violence, but to partake in it
- it disregards bodily autonomy (as in people not touching you without your consent)
- it hurts their self-esteem, as well as affects their mental health, and their intelligence
- it becomes a gateway to harsher abuse due to desensitization
- it creates detachment of the parent/child bond
- it normalizes degrading and harmful behavior on the parent’s end
- it continues on the cycle of abuse
- it’s just overall shitty don’t hit someone, especially not someone who is smaller than you, defenseless, and VERY easily affected by it ok just don’t
Don’t fucking spank your children